The annual maintenance fee is no more than 20% of the currently published new license fee for the operating system version and processor group installed on the customer's system.
Maintenance is billed and payable annually two months prior to the customer's maintenance period.
The first year of maintenance is included in the license fee. Looking for new license prices? Check here.
What does maintenance provide?
- Refreshes - Periodic refreshes are provided for supported releases. Refreshes include all new tools and fixes which have been developed for that release. Refreshes are available on our download site. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the current link.
- Support - Phone and email support Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Fixes - Free fix support for problems experienced within tool specifications.
- Upgrades - Free IBM i release upgrades for customers upgrading to a later release at the same processor group.
- While there is no immediate cost associated with this the next maintenance period will be billed at the rate for the later IBM i release.
- Upgrading processor groups will require an upgrade fee. Contact customer support for a quote.
- License Transfers - No charge license transfers when the processor group is the same or lower. If lower the next maintenance period will be billed at the rate for the lower processor group.
Maintenance for unsupported releases
- Customers who are current with maintenance on unsupported IBM i releases retain their right to get a refresh of the tools for a more recent IBM i release. If you plan on upgrading your IBM i release in the future it makes sense to remain on maintenance.
- V6R1M0, and V5R4M0 are no longer supported by IBM. New refreshes and fixes are not made for the tools on the V6R1 or V5R4 releases.
- V7R1M0 is supported by IBM only under extended support contract until April 30, 2021. There will be no further refreshes of the tools made for V7R1. Fixes for these tools will be available as needed until April 30, 2021.
Please see our Collect System Information page, to determine your operating system version and processor group.